Friday, June 6, 2014

I'm back!

Back and married and better than ever!  Consider this the newly-wed edition of my blogposts :-).  Yes, it has been a whirlwind.  No, the wedding day really didn't go as quickly as other people talk about theirs going.  Yes, being married is fun.  No, we didn't go on a honeymoon (yet) due to conflicts in schedule.

Mostly I've been working on organizing and cleaning the apartment...I kind of wrecked it with all my stuff + wedding gifts when I moved in, and I really really really do like cleanliness or at least neat clutter, so I've been trying hard the past couple of weeks to keep at the piles and keep cleaning until my tidy-loving little heart is satisfied.  At the moment I'm taking a break from my project of deep cleaning the kitchen, dining room, and living room area in anticipation for a couple of guests this evening for wedding leftovers!

I've been fitting in job searching and homework where I can, and will be focusing on that more next week since the apartment is finally looking in order.  I had an interview for a hospital position, but the hours weren't what I thought they were going into the interview and are super wacky, so despite having a really positive interview experience I'm gonna keep on looking and hopefully get back in the swing of things with my on-commission job that I started at the beginning of last summer.  Prayers for a parish position or a not-super-wacky-hours hospital position or something else to come along my way would be greatly appreciated.  And school, well, I do need to refocus on that and get to workin' on a couple of big paper projects.

All in all, here's a bit about married life so far:

The best things about being married: someone to open difficult packaging for me; laughing with each other about silly daily occurrences; opportunities for serving and sacrifice

Difficult things about married life: meal planning with two different food tastes; finding time between work, homework, and organizing/cleaning to just sit and appreciate that we're actually married; budgeting for two people instead of just myself

Things I've learned: don't...no, really don't do it!...go shopping on an empty stomach; apartments make different noises than houses; there just is not enough space in an apartment, and creativity is not my strong suit...I foresee some Pinterest ideas being used in the near future to figure out how to utilize space

Well, gotta keep going with the cleaning!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man, shopping on an empty stomach... we have definitely made that mistake a couple of times! Also, I laugh when I think of how I cooked when we got married. I had only ever cooked for my entire family... so I would make enough food for like six people... and then we would eat way too much (yeah, there was a lot of weight gain until we figured out portion control!) It does get easier; though, I promise!

    I'm in need of some organizing magic here as well... mostly in my poor office! I just have boxes lining the walls. At least we officially have a room emptied out for a guestroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blessed life! I will be praying for your job search, as well as finding that time to relax as a married couple :)

    I completely second what you and Alzbeta say about shopping on an empty stomach...we're definitely done that, too. Since getting married, I've discovered that the freezer is my new friend, since I've always been used to cooking for a large family, and can't stop cooking like that. I now throw the leftovers in the freezer, and have lots of ready-made meals sitting up there!

    Good luck on the organizing and cleaning and life in general!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-)
    I LOVE your updates. You better keep blogging.
    Would love to see pics of the apt as you are ready to post them!!
    Good hearing from you and keep takin' care!!

    ReplyDelete