Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Game Face

Later today will be my last day at work before I go home for two days.  Bring. it. on.

When I go to work with something to look forward to the next day (aka a day off) I'm so much more motivated.  Walk into work with a smile, be as helpful as I can be, power through the hard tasks...it's like game day.  All my practice and hard work leads up to that point of, "OK, I can get through this, just need to make it through this and this task, and I'm going to do that by this plan."

I feel like my prayer life is much the same way these days.  I need a plan to get through it.  I know I need it and it's essential, but I can let my excuses get in the way.  When it comes to prayer at this point, it's "game time".  All my "practice" and growth leads up to those moments and minutes when I can focus on God and give myself over to Him.  I can take prayer for granted, but I do believe that it's worth fighting for.  Even if it means working through tiredness and disconnected thoughts, I'm going to get it done.

What's your game face?  "Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."--Ephesians 6: 13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment